- 2 Doors
- 2.3 liter inline 4 cylinder DOHC engine
- 310 hp horsepower
- 4-wheel ABS brakes
- 6-way power adjustable drivers seat
- 6-way power adjustable passenger seat
- Air conditioning
- Audio controls on steering wheel
- Clock - In-radio display
- Compressor - Intercooled turbo
- Cruise control
- Dusk sensing headlights
- External temperature display
- Front fog/driving lights
- Head airbags - Curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Intermittent window wipers
- Keyless Ignition - Doors and push button start
- Knee airbags - Driver and passenger
- Limited slip differential - Mechanical
- Multi-function remote - Trunk/hatch/door/tailgate windows
- Passenger Airbag
- Power mirrors
- Power windows with 2 one-touch
- Privacy/tinted glass
- Rear bench seats
- Rear spoiler - Lip
- Rear-wheel drive
- Remote power door locks
- Remote window operation
- Speed sensitive window wipers
- Speed-proportional power steering
- Stability control
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Traction control - ABS and driveline
- Trip computer
- Video Monitor Location - Front
- Xenon headlights
The 2015 Mustang is available as a fastback or a convertible with one of three engines. The base engine is a 3.7L V6, while the mid-level engine a 2.3L turbocharged 4-cylinder. More powerful Mustang GT variants are powered by a 5.0L V8. The V6 and 4-cylinder engines both make over 300 hp while the V8 engine makes well over 400 hp. In other words, the Mustang is fast in all of its forms. All engines can be mated to either a 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission.
There are five trim levels for the fastback: V6, Ecoboost, Ecoboost Premium, GT and GT Premium. The convertibles simplify things by only offering V6, Ecoboost Premium and GT Premium trims.
V6 Mustangs offer 17-inch wheels, HID headlamps, power mirrors, a leather wrapped steering wheel, power windows and door locks, a 6-speaker stereo with Ford's SYNC system and a rear view camera.
Ecoboost models come equipped with Ford's 2.3L 4-cylinder, which is more fuel efficient than the V6 while still making comparable power. Ecoboost models' standard equipment includes 18-inch wheels, a 6-way power adjustable driver's seat and a power adjustable passenger seat and an intelligent key.
The Ecoboost Premium trim adds dual zone climate control, heated mirrors, additional exterior lighting and a 9-speaker stereo with SiriusXM satellite radio compatibility.
The Mustang GT and GT Premium come similarly equipped to the Ecoboost trims, though of course GT models are powered by fire breathing V8 engines rather than fuel sipping 4-cylinder turbos.
The Mustang gets a full redesign for 2015, its first complete redesign in a number of years. The styling is all new, looking far more modern and far less retro than the previous two generations. Despite this, one look is all it takes to instantly identify the new car as a Mustang.
For the first time in a number of decades, the Mustang will be available with a 4-cylinder power plant, helping to improve fuel efficiency. A turbo however, ensures that even the new 4-cylinder Mustang will be no slouch at the local drag strip.