- 185 hp horsepower
- 2.4 liter inline 4 cylinder DOHC engine
- 4 Doors
- 4-wheel ABS brakes
- 4WD Type - Automatic full-time
- 8-way power adjustable drivers seat
- Air conditioning
- All-wheel drive
- Audio controls on steering wheel
- Climate controlled - Driver and passenger heated-cushion driver and passenger heated-seatback
- Clock - In-dash
- Cruise control
- CVT Transmission
- Daytime running lights
- External temperature display
- Front fog/driving lights
- Front seat type - Bucket
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 33 and EPA city (mpg): 26
- Head airbags - Curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Heated drivers seat
- Heated passenger seat
- Intermittent window wipers
- Keyless Ignition - Doors and push button start
- Overhead console - Mini with storage
- Passenger Airbag
- Power mirrors
- Power windows with 1 one-touch
- Rear wiper
- Remote power door locks
- Speed-proportional power steering
- Split-bench rear seats
- Sunroof - Express open/close glass
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Traction control - ABS and driveline
- Trip computer
- Video Monitor Location - Front
The CR-V is available in three well-equipped trim levels. LX, the most basic trim, comes with air conditioning, cruise control, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, remote entry, a 160-watt 4-speaker audio system, a multi informational display in the dashboard and electronic power steering. EX trim upgrades the stereo to a 6-speaker system, while adding rear privacy glass, a security system, 17-inch alloy wheels and a 1-touch power moonroof with tilt controls. The top of the line EX-L adds leather seats, dual-zone climate control, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, heated front seats, a 328-watt 7-speaker audio system with XM Radio, heated mirrors and halogen headlights. Options available on the EX-L include a navigation system or a rear seat entertainment system. All versions of the CR-V are available in front-wheel-drive or with Honda's Real-Time All-Wheel-Drive with Intelligent Control system.
The interior of the CR-V contains several pleasant surprises. The 60/40 folding rear seats are easy to operate and fold down nearly flat against the cargo floor. The multi informational display in the dashboard (i-MID) displays multiple camera angles while reversing the CR-V and the vehicle can even link up to compatible cell phones to read aloud text messages over the audio system. Pandora internet radio with iPod connectivity is also a brand-new option on the CR-V.
The CR-V's engine is a 2.4L unit that produces 185 horsepower and 163 lb-feet of torque. An Eco Assist system helps teach good driving habits by indicating to the driver when they are operating the vehicle in a manner conducive to fuel efficiency.
Safety is of the utmost importance, and the CR-V delivers with plenty of standard features. Anti-lock brakes with brake assist and stability control are, of course present as are front and side curtain airbags. The CR-V also features front seats that are designed to help reduce the severity of neck injuries in the event of a rear end collision while the front of the vehicle utilizes an Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure to disperse energy through the vehicle in the event of a head-on collision.
The Honda CR-V carries over into 2014 unchanged. Base prices now start at just under $23,000, making it quite a bargain of a small SUV.